Before you get scared, I am referring to the Date Fruit!
I bet you were scared for a minute..lol
Well, the date fruit is one of the sweetest fruits around and are good sources of energy, sugar and fiber including various vitamins and minerals. They contain essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, copper, magnesium and zinc. They also contain vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF DATES
- Promotes Digestive Health and helps to relieve Constipation:
Dates contain high levels of soluble fiber, which is essential in promoting colon health, healthy bowel movements and the comfortable passage of food through the intestinal tract, which can relieve symptoms of constipation. The nicotine content in dates also helps in curing many kinds of intestinal disorders and continuous consumption helps to inhibit growth of the pathological organisms and stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestines.
2. Promotes Heart Health: Research shows that the potassium content in dates helps to to reduce the levels of LDL cholesterol in the body which is a major contributing factor for heart attacks, heart disease and stroke.
3. Promotes Brain Health: Studies have shown that sufficient vitamin B6 levels are associated with improved brain performance. The vitamins present in dates helps to boost nervous system health and functionality. The Potassium content also helps in promoting a healthy and responsive nervous system and improves the speed and alertness of brain activity.
4. Reduced Blood Pressure: the Magnesium in dates have been shown to help lower blood pressure and enhance adequate workings of the heart.
5. Anti-Inflammatory properties: Dates are rich in magnesium which amongst other functions is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Study showed that increased intake of magnesium can effectively reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, and other inflammation-related health ailments.
6. Promotes Healthy Pregnancy and Delivery: Research showed that consumption of dates within the last 4 weeks of pregnancy helps to reduce the need for induction and augmentation of labour and consequently promotes safe delivery.
7. Reduced risk of Anemia: the high iron content in dates helps to reduce lack of iron in anemic patients, increasing energy and strength, while decreasing feelings of fatigue and sluggishness.
8. Reduced Allergic Reactions: Dates contain organic sulfur which helps to reduce allergic reactions and seasonal allergies.
9. Weight Gain & Energy Booster: Dates consist of natural sugars, proteins and many essential vitamins which helps to maintain a normal and balanced weight, rather than over-slimming. The sugars in dates also boost the energy levels while fighting fatigue and sluggishness.
10. Reduced risk of Abdominal Cancer: Research showed that consumption of dates helps to reduce the risk and impact of abdominal cancer.
11. Promotes Bone Health and Strength: The minerals found in dates helps in strengthening bones and fighting off painful and debilitating diseases like osteoporosis. Date contains selenium, manganese, copper, and magnesium, all of which helps in healthy bone development and strength.
12. Remedy for Intoxication: Dates are commonly used as a remedy for alcoholic intoxication. Dates provide quick relief and have a sobering effect in case you feel as though have consumed an uncomfortable amount of alcohol. They can also be used the following morning to prevent severe hangovers.
13. Sexual Weakness: Studies have shown that dates are even beneficial for increasing sexual stamina and reducing sterility caused by various sexual disorders. Studies showed that the high levels of estradiol and flavonoid components of dates helps to increase sperm count and motility, as well as promoting increased testes size and weight. So, if you are looking for a masculine boost, eat some dates, because they are a great natural aphrodisiac!
Thank You for reading!
Don’t forget to Share!!!