Hello friends, it’s been awhile around here! I apologize for going MIA..lol. I want to use this opportunity to appreciate you all for the time you take in reading my posts and for the messages and comments. Love y’all!!!
Today’s post is about our sweet, yummy CHOCOLATE!!! I can feel someone’s excitement *winks*. Well, don’t get too excited, find out whether chocolates are either good or bad for your health. Don’t forget to READ and SHARE!!!
Chocolate is made from tropical Theobroma cacao tree seeds and is widely known for its high calorie count because of the large amount of sugar it contains thus causing weight gain and tooth decay. However, chocolate is rich in fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, manganese, zinc, selenium and healthy chemicals like flavonoids, theobromine, phenylethylamine. Some health benefits of chocolate includes:
- It helps to reduce LDL cholesterol levels and raise HDL
- It helps to improve insulin sensitivity thus preventing diabetes.
- It helps to keep the brain healthy and prevent memory loss.
- It helps to reduce the risk of developing heart disease.
- It helps to reduce the risk of stroke.
- It helps to improve sexual activity.
- It helps to improve blood flow in the arteries and lower blood pressure
- It helps to protect the skin against the sun.
BUT! this doesn’t mean you should go all out and consume lots of chocolate every day. It is still loaded with calories and easy to overeat on. Also, note that a lot of the chocolate on the market is not good so buy organic, dark chocolate with 70% or higher cocoa content because although dark chocolates contains some sugar, the amounts are usually small and the darker the chocolate, the less sugar it will contain.
Thanks for reading, keep staying HEALTHY!!!