For as long as i can remember, there have been a huge myth and misconceptions surrounding eggs, different health experts come up with different theories about egg whites and whole eggs, well, i am going to share with you the truth about egg whites and whole eggs. READ, ENJOY & SHARE!!! Love you!!!
Are egg whites truly healthier than whole eggs? Do egg yolks truly cause weight gain, increase your cholesterol level leading to heart diseases? well, the answer is a BIG FAT NO! Whole eggs don’t increase your risk of heart disease in fact you are cheating your body out of great nutrients by not eating them!
The fact is that egg yolks are the HEALTHIEST PART of the egg as it contains the most antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. Egg yolks are rich in
- Vitamin A which is good for skin and eyes
- Vitamin B6 & B12
- Fat soluble vitamins A,D, E, and K
- Lutein which helps to protect the eyes
- Choline which is needed for good brain function, muscles and also for a healthy pregnancy.
- L-arginine which regulates the production of the growth hormone.
- Leucine which helps to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Egg yolks also contain more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, folate, panthothenic acid, omega-3 fatty acids and all the essential fatty acids of the egg.
- The saturated fat in yolks is also necessary for hormone production and the body’s absorption of vitamins and minerals.
In contrast, egg whites are almost devoid of nutrients compared to the yolks and the little protein it contains is not as powerful without the yolks to balance out the amino acid profile and make the protein more bio-available. Also, Egg whites can lead to biotin deficiency.
Therefore, as long as you reduce your overall calories, eating whole eggs won’t increase your cholesterol level or cause weight gain because when you eat foods that contains a high amount of dietary cholesterol such as eggs, your body down-regulates it’s internal production of cholesterol to balance things out.
Thanks for reading.