Today’s article is for you! It’s about your essence of being a man which is YOUR SPERM!
As we know, getting sexual pleasure, reaching orgasm and ejaculating are just part of a process, but being able to father a child when you want to is the REAL DEAL!
Surprisingly, several lifestyle choices affect sperm quality, quantity, and delivery. These are choices that you make every day—such as the foods you eat, your stress levels, and exposure to industrial or recreational toxins.
Lifestyle factors such as stress, obesity, and poor nutrition can also affect sperm health thus leading to low sperm count (Oligospermia) or complete absence of sperm (Azoospermia).
WHAT IS LOW SPERM COUNT?
Low sperm count, also known as OLIGOSPERMIA means that the semen you ejaculate after orgasm contains fewer sperm than normal, that is, fewer than 15million sperm per milliliter of semen leading to the inability to get a woman pregnant.
However, NATURE IS VERY KIND because eating the right food can increase your sperm count and improve your fertility levels. They include:
- Foods rich in Vitamin A such as carrots, lettuce, broccoli, spinach, oatmeal, red peppers, dried apricots, sweet potatoes. These foods help to create healthy sperm and improve male fertility.
- Foods rich in Vitamin C such as cooked tomatoes, fruits, strawberries, snow peas. These foods contain antioxidants that help to boost sperm motility and viability (how fast & effectively they swim) and also help to decrease harmful free radicals & oxidative stress.
- Foods rich in Zinc such as turkey, eggs, seafood, oysters, pumpkin seeds, beef, yogurt, corn. These foods helps to increase sperm count.
- Foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and other essential fatty acids such as salmon, crab, shrimp, chicken, fish, sardines, anchovies, walnuts. These foods increase the blood flow to the genitals and also increase sexual function.
- Foods rich in Folic Acid & Vitamin B12 such as leafy green vegetables, avocados, beans, whole grains, liver, egg yolks. These foods helps to increase sperm count, production and motility.
- Garlic: very rich in selenium which helps to increase sperm motility.
- Ginseng: helps to relax muscles, boost testosterone levels, increase blood flow to the genitals, increase sexual desire & performance.
STAY AWAY FROM:
- Fried foods, processed meat & processed foods such as biscuits, cakes, pastries as these foods decrease sperm motility.
- Diets poor in Omega-3 fatty acid nd rich in Omeg-6 fatty acid.
- High sugar diet, refined grains, pizza, high-energy drinks, alcohol, drug use & tobacco smoking.
I hope this article have been helpful and enlightening, please don’t forget to share with others. Thank you for reading. I love you.