Hello beautiful people, hope your day’s been fantastic? mine’s going well too.
YES! YES! YES! Today i am going to share with you some awesome benefits of bitter leaf! yayyy!!!
Read, enjoy and SHARE!!!
Bitter leaf (Vernonia amygdalina) is an extremely bitter plant as we all know and most people avoid it specifically because of this reason. But, beneath the bitterness lies countless health benefits.
The bitter leaf tree can be easily gotten because it can grow anywhere and its leaves, extracts, stem, barks are used for culinary, medicinal and curative purposes. It also contains vitamins such as Vitamins A, C, E, B1 and B2 and some essential fatty acids such as linoleic acid and linolenic acid.
MAJOR HEALTH BENEFITS OF BITTER LEAF INCLUDES:
- Useful for diabetic patients as it helps to reduce high sugar level in the blood.
- Helps to speed up body metabolism thus good for weight loss.
- Helps to increase breast milk production in nursing mothers.
- Helps to relieve mild stomach ailments
- Helps to relieve piles.
- Helps in toning the vital organs of the body especially the liver and kidney.
- Helps to relieve fever or malaria.
- Helps in detoxifying the body.
- Helps to lower cholesterol.
- Helps to prevent breast cancer.
- Contains antioxidants that helps in fighting diseases.
- Helps in treating stroke, pneumonia, insomnia, arthritis and rheumatism.
- Helps to protect smokers and those breathing second hand smoke against health risks associated with smoking.
- Useful in the treatment of rashes, eczema, ringworm, and other superficial skin ailments by applying the juice on the affected parts.
- Helps to nourish the body.
- The stem can also be used as chewing stick.
To get the best out of our bitter leaf, it should be taken as a freshly squeezed juice. It can also be used in cooking soup but be careful not to squeeze out all the juice when you want to use the leaves for cooking. *don’t make a face..lol*, the benefits are in the juice!!!
To reduce the bitterness, you can add it with spinach, pumpkin or any other vegetable of your choice.
Don’t forget, an HEALTHY PERSON is a HAPPY PERSON! Thanks for reading. LOVE YOU!