Nobody likes a yellow smile but with proper care, your teeth and gums can stay healthy throughout your life. The healthier your teeth and gums are, the less risk you have for tooth decay and gum disease.
How Should I Care for My Teeth and Gums?
There are five basic steps to caring for teeth and gums:
- Brushing: Brush at least twice a day. If you can, brush after every meal. Ideally wait 30 minutes after eating, this will allow any enamel that softened from acid during eating to re-harden and not get brushed away. Brushing removes plaque and always replace your toothbrush with a new one every three to four months.
- Flossing: Floss teeth once a day. Flossing gets rid of food and plaque between the teeth, where your toothbrush cannot reach.
- Rinsing: Mouthwashes do more than just freshen your breath. Rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash at least once a day to kill bacteria that cause plaque and early gum disease. A fluoride rinse can help prevent teeth decay and cavities.
- Eating right: For good dental health, eat a variety of foods, but minimize those that contain sugars and starches. These foods produce the most acids in the mouth and the longer they stay in the mouth, the more they can damage the teeth.
- Visiting the dentist: Visit your dentist at least once every six months. To maintain healthy teeth and gums, it’s important to have regular check-ups and professional cleanings.
8 Natural Teeth Whitening Home Remedies
- Eat Strawberries
- Baking Soda and Lemon
- Eat Crunchy Fruits and Veggies
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Warm Water
- Whitening Toothpaste
- Wood Ash
- Orange Rind
Keep Staying Healthy!!! don’t forget to share, you might just be helping someone!